The Board of Port Arthur Historic Site Management Authority is calling for nominations from interested individuals or representatives of groups who wish to contribute to the management and conservation of the Cascades Female Factory Historic Site.
Purpose of the Community Advisory Committee
- To improve the involvement and support of the local community in the management and conservation of the Cascades Female Factory Historic Site.
- To promote the exchange of information about, and raise awareness of, issues involving the local community and PAHSMA that involve the management and conservation of the Cascades Female Factory Historic Site.
- To facilitate communication between the Authority and the local community, and to provide a forum to exchange information relevant to PAHSMA issues and local community views and concerns.
- To give the local community an avenue to formally discuss local issues and to work towards identifying and resolving local concerns.
- To provide a mechanism, including helping to source funding, for the active participation of the local community in conservation and tourism actions and activities associated with the Historic Site.
- To provide a forum in which to allow all committee members to express the views and opinions of their representative groups.
Further details can be found here.
Nominations for the committee have now closed.