The Port Arthur Historic Site Management Authority (PAHSMA) is continuing to closely monitor the impacts and spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our site and tours will REOPEN to visitors from 3 July 2020 from 10.00am until 4.00pm.
As we open our sites, our teams are taking every precaution to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our visitors, staff and community. We ask everyone to adhere to safe social distancing and gathering instructions while once again enjoying our World Heritage Sites.
We are implementing COVID-Safe Plans and action lists which include:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch surfaces and spaces at ticketing, handrails, toilets and the Matrons Cottage using fresh cleaning cloths and disinfectants that are effective against the coronavirus.
- Ensuring our staff exercise due diligence with best practice personal hygiene.
- Managing the number of people in any one indoor space to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Ensuring the use and availability of hand-sanitizer, gloves and other personal protective equipment.
- Keeping our visitors informed. We are committed to supporting public health authorities with any identified cases or concerns of potential transmission in the community and believe that transparency is key to everyone’s safety.
- Providing full refunds for any visitors who have booked tickets during this period of closure.
- Keeping our staff informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 and supporting any of our people who need to self-isolate.
How you can help us all to stay safe:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 1.5 metre (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Refrain from handshakes or hugs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek phone your doctor or health direct 1800 022 222.
For the latest advice, information and resources about coronavirus, go to the Australian Government Department of Health website at www.health.gov.au and follow the link from the homepage.
For general information about coronavirus, including the national response, call the National Coronavirus Information Line on 1800 020 080 (24 hours, 7 days). If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.